Intrauterine Device (IUD) insertion
Copper and hormonal IUDs are among the most effective methods of contraception and can stay in place for at least five years.
We conduct several training clinics in IUD insertion each week and we have developed a range of FPV resources to assist our practitioners in this clinic.
FPV doctors use these FPV resources:
- IUD insertion – procedure notes autofill
- IUD insertion – consent form and post-insertion information
- IUD equipment sourcing information
- IUD 6-week check letter template
- References for the hormonal IUDs available in Australia comparison chart for prescribers and IUD inserters
- Hormonal IUD’s available in Australia comparison chart for prescribers and IUD inserters
FPV patients are provided with this information:
- IUD insertion – patient information leaflet
- IUD aftercare – patient information leaflet
- IUD insertion – video
- IUD insertion – IUD insertion and pain – what to expect video
We also maintain a register of Victorian IUD providers who have successfully completed training with us. If you have successfully undertaken IUD training with us and would like to be listed on our register, please contact us at email@example.com
FPV is able to offer health advice to health professionals working with clients in other health settings. The service provides advice and guidance on reproductive and sexual health issues. An FPV reproductive and sexual health nurse is available via telephone as the first point of contact. Call (03) 9257 0100 and ask to speak with the resource nurse.
IUD equipment sourcing information is available to assist health professionals who have undertaken IUD training with FPV to set-up in their own practice environment.