Family Planning Victoria (FPV) has been a leader in reproductive and sexual health for over 40 years. We are dedicated to supporting people to make decisions about their reproductive and sexual health and wellbeing that are right for them.
Update as of 3 August 2020: We are still here for you, Melbourne!
Our commitment to servicing the urgent contraception, medication abortion and sexual health needs of our clients continue to be a priority for Family Planning Victoria in these uncertain times.
Our services are considered essential. Telehealth and priority appointments continue to be delivered at our Box Hill and Action Centre clinics. Our staff are using personal protective equipment and physical distancing measures are in place unless clinically necessary.
We will continue to give priority access to clients who have bookings in place, and who are considered low risk for COVID-19.
For more information please ring us on 03 9257 0100.
- 901 Whitehorse Road
Box Hill VIC Australia 3128
Google map directions
Tel: 03 9257 0100 or freecall 1800 013 952
Clinic hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm
Appointments: Call reception on 03 9257 0100 or book online.
Action Centre - Melbourne CBD
After hours and emergency care out of hours
- For all after hours support and information regarding medical terminations of pregnancy (MTOP) please call the 24 hour helpline on 1300 003 707 (select option 3).
- After hours care is also available by calling our nominated medical deputising service DoctorDoctor on 13 26 60.
We provide information, support and advice on your contraceptive choices.
Specialising in long acting reversible contraception, we offer:
- insertion and removal of the intrauterine device (IUD) – both hormonal and non-hormonal
- prescriptions for and insertion and removal of contraceptive implants (Implanon NXT™)
- the contraceptive injection (Depo-Provera™)
Additional contraceptive services include:
- emergency contraception (no prescription required)
- prescriptions for daily contraceptive pills
- contraceptive barriers including the male condom, female condom and diaphragms.
- advice and referral for other contraceptive methods including the NuvaRing (vaginal ring), tubal ligation (sterilisation), vasectomy and natural family planning.
- postnatal contraception.
We provide medication abortion.
We provide information, support and advice on:
- pregnancy testing
- unplanned pregnancy choices
- fertility / infertility advice and referral
- abortion options and referral.
Reproductive and sexual health
We provide information, support and advice on:
- menstrual conditions
- cervical health including cervical screening
- breast health checks
- sexually transmissible infections (STIs) and blood borne viruses (BBVs) including STI & BBV testing
- human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) testing
- testing for hepatitis A, hepatitis B & hepatitis C
- screening for sex workers
- referral in to FPV specialists (Please call our Box Hill clinic on 03 9257 0100)
- referral out to external specialists
Young people under 25
Both our clinics provide services for people under 25 where:
- low or no cost services are provided
- consultations are confidential and youth friendly
Billing and costs
We are a training clinic
Our clinics provide advanced training for doctors and nurses.
At your appointment you may be seen by a qualified health professional completing advanced training with us.
An FPV staff doctor or nurse will always be present to provide supervision.
Please call our friendly reception staff if you need help to understand what this means for you.
What do I need to bring?
- Please bring your Medicare, Healthcare, student or other concession card (if you have any of these).
- Please bring your completed clinic registration form (if possible). This will fast track your registration upon arrival at the clinic.
Appointment notes during COVID-19 pandemic
- If you have an appointment scheduled for an IUD insertion please download the IUD Insertion Consent Form. A practitioner will go through the form with you during a telephone consult prior to your IUD insertion.
- If you have an appointment scheduled for a medical abortion download the Medical Abortion Consent Form. A doctor will go through the form with you during your medical abortion phone appointment.
Everyone is welcome at our clinics.
- Book an appointment online or call 1800 013 952.
Easy English version
This information is available in Easy English format.
To provide feedback about our staff and services please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Clinics are staffed by professional clinicians who deliver inclusive, timely, accessible information and services to empower our clients to make informed choices that are right for them.
Dr Anne Adams
Dr Ei Aung
Dr Lona Brown
Dr Genna Coney
Dr Lucy Donovan
Dr Sally Duguid
Dr Stephanie Giles
Dr Helen Henzell
Dr Leanne Hoang
Dr Caroline Macindoe
Dr Kathy McNamee
Dr Lise Mifsud
Dr Meredith Moodie
Dr Joanne Mountford
Dr Suzanne Pearson
Dr Angie Read
Dr Lena Sanci
Dr Fiona Shepherd
Dr Sara Whitburn
Our Nurse Practitioner