Before you decide to get pregnant, take the opportunity to visit your General Practitioner (GP).
Your GP can:
- talk with you about any health problems you or your partner may have
- undertake a pre-pregnancy health check
- take your medical history to learn about any medical problems in your families
- discuss your immunisation history and organise any pre-pregnancy immunisations
- discuss lifestyle issues such as drug and alcohol use and your diet.
Organisations that specialise in this area of reproductive and/or sexual health
Where to get more information, support or advice
- Contact your local doctor (GP)
- Contact Family Planning Victoria's clinics
You may also be interested in