Cognitive Disability and Sexuality
People with cognitive disability can express their sexuality in satisfying ways. The attitudes and support of other people are essential in helping people of all abilities to have healthy personal and sexual relationships.
Physical Disability and Sexuality
People with physical disability can express their sexuality in satisfying ways. The attitudes and support of other people are essential in enabling people of all abilities to have healthy personal and sexual relationships.
Talking to Children with Cognitive Disabilities
All people, including those with cognitive disabilities (including intellectual disability, autism spectrum disorder and acquired brain injury), have the right to explore and express their sexuality in appropriate ways. Everyone needs ongoing and age-appropriate sexuality education to develop positive attitudes about their sexuality.
COVID-19 Update from the Education Team
We applaud disability professionals for their commitment to people with cognitive disability during these uncertain times.
Can't find what you were looking for?
- Key Facts about Contraception
- Your Contraceptive Choices
- Postnatal Contraception
- Contraceptive Injection (Depo)
- Breast Health
- Cervical Health
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Menstrual Cycle
- Molloscum Contagiosum
- Pap Smear Test (Cervical Screening)
- TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome) - Symptoms, Treatment & Causes
- Vaginal Discharge
- What is the Vulva?
- Teenage Health
- Cervical Screening (formerly Pap Smear Tests)
- What are STIs and BBVs?
- STI and BBV testing
- Bacterial Vaginosis (BV)
- Genital Herpes
- Genital Warts
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- HPV (Human Papilloma Virus)
- Mycoplasma Genitalium
- Tattoos and Body Piercing
- Tattoos and Body Piercing Safety Checklist
- Contraception that lasts a short time
- Contraception that is permanent (sterilisation)
- I've had unprotected sex
- Protection from sexually transmissible infection (STI)
- Translated Reproductive and Sexual Health Resources
- Dating in Australia: Stories from International Students