|Tue 13 Oct 2020||Online||Fully booked|
|Thu 12 Nov 2020||Online||Open now|
|Tue 1 Dec 2020||TBC||Open now|
Are you a youth and community worker?
- Do you feel confident talking to young people about their sexual health?
- What age do most Australian young people become sexually active?
- What does non-binary or cisgender mean?
This course is delivered by experienced nurse educators currently working with young people in both educational and clinic settings.
The eLearning package is the equivalent of 1 full day of training, and certification at completion is provided for participants. All participants are then able to access the resources within the package for 6 months after the classroom date. This package contains further information and downloadable content to use with young people.
The eLearning package requires participants to complete an online module and two case studies prior to the live classroom date.
The live classroom component will be presented online via Zoom: participants will join our presenters in a virtual classroom from 9.45am to 13.30pm for an interactive session from their own device.
In 2021, the course will continue to be offered, but we are unable to confirm whether the course will be delivered via eLearning or face-to-face at present.
For more information see the provisional timetable here (subject to change).
- An overview of sexual health for young people
- Updates and key considerations when working with young people on:
- Access to reproductive and sexual health services during the pandemic
- Sexually transmissible infections/blood borne viruses
- Latest updates on contraception
- Unplanned pregnancy
- Sexual diversity and gender diversity, resources and referral pathways
FREE for professional individuals working with young people outside of the mainstream secondary school settings or at risk young people aged 12-25.
This course is intended for individuals working in youth and community organisations that support young people outside of the mainstream secondary school settings or at risk young people aged 12-25.
* For nursing staff please see the following link for equivalent courses:
* For medical staff please see the following link for equivalent courses:
Please note that the content covered in this course is intended for individual registrations, and covers the same material as our Full Day Equivalent and Half Day Equivalent sexual health courses for groups of professionals.
Presented online via Zoom