This course is for youth and community professional organisations
|Wed 12 Aug 2020||1 day||Online||
Join waiting list
|Wed 26 Aug 2020||1 day||Online||
Join waiting list
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic FPV has developed this as an eLearning course. The program is currently focusing on providing free professional development eLearning sessions to youth and community organisations working with young people outside of a mainstream secondary school setting or at-risk young people aged 12-25. We want to support the sector to enable staff to have the knowledge and confidence to start conversations with the young people they work with about their reproductive and sexual health.
This course is designed for a group of staff from an organisation to participate in a full day’s equivalent of learning.
After completing the eLearning program participants will gain:
- increased knowledge in how to provide support to young people with their reproductive and sexual health; and
- increased confidence in their ability to support young people with their reproductive and sexual health.
This course is delivered by experienced nurse educators who work with young people in both educational and clinic settings. This Full Day Equivalent session includes:
- Completion of an online learning module (approx. 2 hours) prior to the virtual classroom session
- Completion of 2 case studies which will be discussed during the virtual classroom session
- Participation in a virtual classroom session with 2 nurse educators, via Zoom link (Classroom time is 9.45am to 1.30pm with small breaks in-between)
- A downloadable certificate of completion at the end of the course.
After attending the virtual classroom, participants have access to to further reading and resources for 6 months via our online learning platform.
- An overview of sexual health for young people
- Updates and key considerations when working with young people on:
- Access to reproductive and sexual health services during the pandemic
- Sexually transmissible infections/blood borne viruses
- Latest updates on contraception
- Unplanned pregnancy
- Sexual diversity and gender diversity, resources and referral pathways
FREE for youth and community professional organisations working with young people outside of a mainstream secondary school setting or at-risk young people aged 12-25.
This course is for a group of staff from a professional organisation.
For courses for individuals see our eLearning module Sex in the City — Young People’s Sexual Health.