This course is for youth and community professional organisations
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic FPV has developed this as an eLearning course. The program currently is focusing on providing free professional development eLearning sessions to youth and community organisations working with young people outside of a mainstream secondary school setting or at-risk young people aged 12-25. We want to support the sector to enable staff to have the knowledge and confidence to start conversations with young people about their reproductive and sexual health.
This course is designed for a group of staff from an organisation to participate in a half day’s equivalent of learning.
This course is delivered by experienced nurse educators who work with young people in both educational and clinic settings.
- Completion of an online learning module (approx. 2 hours) prior to the virtual classroom session
- Participation in a two hour Zoom classroom session with a nurse educator
- a downloadable certificate of completion at the end of the course.
After attending the virtual classroom, participants have access to to further reading and resources for 6 months via our online learning platform.
- An overview of sexual health for young people
- Access to reproductive and sexual health services during the pandemic
- Sexually transmissible infections/blood borne virus update
- Latest updates on contraception
- Unplanned pregnancy
FREE for youth and community professional organisations working with young people outside of a mainstream secondary school setting or at-risk young people aged 12-25.
This course is for a group of staff from a professional organisation
For courses for individuals see our eLearning module Sex in the City — Young People’s Sexual Health.
The 2 hour Zoom classroom time is flexible and is available Tuesdays to Thursdays. Please nominate a range of dates/times in the enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch.