This online learning activity will give you knowledge and resources to enable you to support and empower young people to access sexual health services in order to make decisions about their reproductive and sexual health and wellbeing that are right for them.
- An overview of young people’s sexual health in Australia.
- Barriers young people may face accessing services
- Ways to consider improving a young person’s access to use a sexual health service
- Information about Victorian sex and the law
Entry Requirements / Eligibility
Professionals working with young people (adolescents) outside the mainstream secondary schooling system who are:
- lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer (LGBTIQ+)
- culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD)
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
- from low socio-economic backgrounds
- from regional Victoria
Certificate of completion: Working with young people: A guide to supporting access to sexual health services.
This 2-hour online learning activity can be undertaken at your own pace.