|Wed 25 Nov 2020||9.30am - 4.30pm||Action Centre||Open now|
Family Planning Victoria’s workforce development sessions are for professionals working with and supporting people with a cognitive disability (including Intellectual disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder and Acquired Brain Injury) in a one-to-one or group setting, around sex, bodies and relationships.
- explore the emergence of sexuality and factors that may affect this
- examine legislation that supports all people to access sexual and reproductive education, information and health care, including laws and duty of care
- identify ways to engage in discussions around sex, bodies and relationships in age- and developmentally appropriate ways
- develop strategies for answering questions and responding to behaviours with confidence
- acquire specialist information/activities/resources to support participants in their workplace
- participate in a Q&A with an experienced disability and community educator.
- FPV workshops are delivered by experienced disability and community educators.
- This session is designed for professionals working within residential and day services.
Sessions are regularly scheduled throughout the year at Family Planning Victoria sites at Box Hill or Melbourne CBD.
Alternatively, sessions can be held off-site, at a suitable location of your choice (minimum participant numbers and travel costs may apply).
$395.00 GST free per person
Terms and conditions
Please find our terms and conditions here
Accreditation / Recognition
This is non accredited training, CPD points are not currently available for these sessions.
901 Whitehorse Road
Box Hill 2128
Action Centre - Melbourne CBD
Level 1, 94 Elizabeth Street
Melbourne VIC Australia 3000