|Mon 23 Mar – Tue 24 Mar 2020||2 days||Box Hill||Open now|
This course provides medical practitioners with an introduction to Women’s Reproductive and Sexual Health with an aim to provide foundation skills to those with limited experience in the Australian context.
It has a strong focus on physical examination techniques and communication skills.
The theory course comprises:
- Approximately four hours of online pre-learning (accessible four weeks prior to course commencement)
- Two-days of interactive face-to-face learning at Family Planning Victoria (FPV) Box Hill (Monday 8:45-5pm and Tuesday 9-4pm)
- Taking a sexual health history
- Cervical screening
- Breast examination
- Pelvic examination
- Mandatory reporting laws in Australia
- Sexual and gender diversity
- Violence against women
- Unintended pregnancy
- Sexually transmitted infections
Who should attend
Medical practitioners with limited experience in reproductive and sexual health in the Australian context, including international medical graduates and GPs training towards Fellowship.
Entry requirements / Eligibility
Each participant must hold an MBBS or equivalent.
Accreditation / Recognition
Certificate of attendance/completion
This activity is pending RACGP approval for 40 CPD accredited activity points.
$720 (GST free)
You may also be interested in
Implanon NXT Education & Simulation Practice course is offered on Monday 23 March at 5.30pm. Register
This course is supported by Jean Hailes.
901 Whitehorse Road
Box Hill 3128