|Mon 7 Sep – Tue 8 Sep 2020||2 days||eLearning||Open now|
This course provides medical practitioners with an introduction to Women’s Reproductive and Sexual Health with an aim to provide foundation skills to those with limited experience in the Australian context.
It has a strong focus on physical examination techniques and communication skills. The September 2020 course will be presented via eLearning.
The theory course comprises:
- Approximately four hours of online pre-learning (accessible four weeks prior to course commencement)
- Two days of interactive live virtual classroom sessions via accessed via Zoom video link (between the hours of 9am and 5pm on 7 & 8 Sept)
- Taking a sexual health history
- Cervical screening
- Breast examination
- Pelvic examination
- Mandatory reporting laws in Australia
- Sexual and gender diversity
- Violence against women
- Unintended pregnancy
- Sexually transmitted infections
Who should attend
Medical practitioners with limited experience in reproductive and sexual health in the Australian context, including international medical graduates and GPs training towards Fellowship.
Entry requirements / Eligibility
Each participant must hold an MBBS or equivalent.
Accreditation / Recognition
Certificate of attendance/completion
40 RACGP CPD Accredited Activity Women’s Health points apply (accredited 2020-22 triennium).
$720 (GST free)
This course is supported by Jean Hailes.