|Wed 10 Feb – Thu 11 Feb 2021||2 Days||e-Learning||Open now|
|Wed 19 May – Thu 20 May 2021||2 days||e-Learning||Open now|
An immersive and interactive course which delivers learning through mixed modalities. This course provides up-to-date, evidence-based information on the topic of unplanned pregnancy, pregnancy choices and abortion care. It explores the broader knowledge needed when working in this field and covers the specific practical application of learning required to facilitate medical abortion care in a clinical environment.
- Consultation skills
- Pregnancy testing
- Supporting client’s decision making
- Pregnancy choices – continuation, adoption and abortion
- Focus on medical termination of pregnancy
- Focus on surgical termination of pregnancy
- Medical abortion follow up care in the clinic environment
- Introduction to contraception
- Introduction to sexually transmissible infections
- Application of clinical skills
The course will be delivered using a mixture of online learning (Day 1) and virtual classroom sessions (Day 2). Content from the online learning (Day 1) will be accessible during and after the course dates. During the course, a virtual classroom schedule will enable you to join our presenters in interactive sessions online. The virtual classroom sessions (Day 2) must be attended at the scheduled times and cannot be watched at a later date.
For more information see the provisional timetable(subject to change).
Entry requirements / Eligibility
- Access to an electronic device such as a computer or tablet and access to the internet.
- Registered nurses (Division 1) registered midwives (Division 1) and enrolled nurses (Division 2) are eligible to complete the course.
- Evidence of current national registration through Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) will be required as part of registration.
- Training may be considered for other health care professionals. This includes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health practitioners and enrolled nurses (Division 2). To enquire about this please email email@example.com
- Previous experience in reproductive and sexual health is an advantage but not a requirement.
Who would benefit from this course?
Registered nurses (division 1) and registered midwives (division 1) wanting to work in the area of abortion care provision or wanting to increase their ability to support doctors offering abortion care services in their workplace.
Family Planning Victoria’s Statement of Attendance Unplanned Pregnancy
Total Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours: 14
$400 (GST does not apply)