Participants of this online learning course will explore the sexual behaviour of young people and will develop effective strategies for teaching sexual and reproductive health.
Participants will current knowledge and methods of best practice in the area of Contraception, Sexually Transmissible Infections and Blood Borne Viruses.
- identify key messages and develop a pedagogical approach and around teaching safer sex
- acquire specialist activities/resources to support teaching and learning in the workplace
- review the latest contraceptive methods
- review the statistics, testing and treatments of STIs and BBVs
- develop sex positive, harm minimisation approaches to sexual health
- develop strategies to answer questions with confidence
Online learning details
- 3-hour online course with certificate upon completion.
- FPV online learning courses are developed by experienced sexuality educators.
- All curriculum materials and learning activities provided are aligned to the Victorian Curriculum.
- This course is designed for school staff (pre-service teachers/teachers/aides/welfare) and school nurses working within school settings.
$75 (GST free)