Tailored Group Education for Individuals with Cognitive Disability
Relationships and Sexuality education is important for everyone, including those living with cognitive disability.
Family Planning Victoria offers tailored group information sessions to those living with cognitive disability.
Group education sessions are for individuals with cognitive disability (including intellectual disability, autism spectrum disorder and acquired brain injury) over 16 years old.
- participate in a customised, age- and developmentally appropriate session designed to increase levels of knowledge, skills and confidence around reproductive and sexual health
- acquire tailored information/activities/resources to support needs of the group
- participate in a Q&A with an experienced disability and community educator.
- FPV workshops are delivered by experienced disability and community educators.
- Sessions are preferably 1 hour (please alert at time of booking if an alternative time is preferred).
Topic specific sessions for parents and carers are regularly scheduled throughout the year. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we may be able to organise eLearning sessions via Zoom (minimum participant numbers and costs may apply).
$200 (GST free) per hour per group
Disability and Community Educator
Telephone: 03 9257 0130