|Wed 15 Jul 2020||12:30pm - 2pm||Action Centre||Open now|
|Tue 20 Oct 2020||10:30am - 2pm||Box Hill||Open now|
This information session assists parents and carers of young people and adults with cognitive disability to develop skills in providing information around sex, bodies and relationships and to prepare the person the are supporting in age- and developmentally appropriate ways.
- explore the emergence of sexuality and factors which may affect this
- identify the key factors that make for respectful relationships, including consent
- develop strategies to support relationships and dating
- acquire tailored information/activities/resources to support needs of the parent/carer group
- participate in a Q&A with an experienced disability and community educator.
- FPV workshops are delivered by experienced disability and community educators
- Sessions run for 1.5 hours
Sessions are regularly scheduled throughout the year at Family Planning Victoria sites at Box Hill or Melbourne CBD.
Alternatively, sessions can be held off-site, at a suitable location of your choice (minimum participant numbers and travel costs may apply).
$87.00 (GST Free) per person
Disability and Community Educator
Telephone: 03 9257 0130
Full terms and conditions can be found here.
More courses like this
901 Whitehorse Road
Box Hill 2128
Action Centre - Melbourne CBD
Level 1, 94 Elizabeth Street
Melbourne VIC Australia 3000