This course is designed for parents and carers of school-aged children, to provide insight into young people’s use of emerging online technologies to socialise and build connections with others. The course aims to link our understandings of Relationships and Sexuality Education and the important role this plays when supporting young people to navigate their social interactions online.
This module is designed for parent/carers of school-aged children.
The course will cover:
- Acknowledgement around the potential of young people experiencing sexual content online.
- Reflection upon values and structures within the home environment that support young people to engage with technology.
- Exploration of legal and ethical online behaviours.
- Identification of methods of engaging in conversations with young people around socialising online.
- Recommendations about reporting unethical or illegal sexual content online.
- Tips for engaging young people in discussions around these topics.
Online learning details
- 1.5-hour course with certificate upon completion.
- FPV online learning courses are developed by experienced sexuality educators.
In response regulations regarding COVID-19, we are pleased to offer these sessions via eLearning. They will be presented online via Zoom.
$15.00 (GST does not apply)
Full terms and conditions can be found here.