|Tue 13 Apr 2021||2.00pm-3.30pm||Box Hill||Open now|
|Wed 30 Jun 2021||2.00pm-3.30pm||Box Hill||Open now|
|Tue 21 Sep 2021||2.00pm-3.30pm||Box Hill||Open now|
Relationships and Sexuality education is important for everyone, including those living with cognitive disability.
These education sessions are for individuals with cognitive disability (including intellectual disability, autism spectrum disorder and acquired brain injury) between 12 -16 years old and their parent/carer.
The session provides parents and carers the opportunity to engage in conversations and activities with their child around socialising safely online.
All participants will have an opportunity to ask questions of disability and community educators and network with other parents and carers in a supportive environment.
- Examine the ways in which young people use online platforms to socialize
- Explore ethical and legal considerations around socialising online, including; social media, sexual images and pornography
- Identify online risks and methods of reporting unethical/illegal behaviours
- FPV workshops are delivered by experienced disability and community educators.
- Sessions run for 1.5 hours.
In response regulations regarding COVID-19, we are pleased to offer these sessions via eLearning. They will be presented online via Zoom (minimum participant numbers and costs may apply).
$65.00 (GST Free) per parent/carer/child pair
This video explains more about our disability sex education courses and how you can apply.
Disability and Community Educator
Telephone: 03 9257 0130
Full terms and conditions can be found here.
More courses like this