|Mon 4 May 2020||09:30am - 12:30pm||Action Centre||Open now|
|Mon 12 Oct 2020||09:30am - 12:30pm||Box Hill||Open now|
Family Planning Victoria’s workforce development sessions are for professionals working with and supporting people with a cognitive disability (including Intellectual disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder and Acquired Brain Injury) in a one-to-one or group setting, around sex, bodies and relationships.
This course provides information on a range of reproductive and sexual health topics via a mixed modal approach (online learning component with face-to-face training).
- explore the following topics:
- human rights and responsibilities in relation to relationships and sexuality
- diversity of sex, sexuality and gender
- sexual and reproductive anatomy and function
- public and private
- vulnerability and social safety
- sex and the law
- social media, sexting and pornography
- contraception and STIs
- identify ways to engage in discussions around sex, bodies and relationships in age- and developmentally appropriate ways
- critically review personal and social values and attitudes and the potential impact on information provision
- develop strategies for answering questions and responding to behaviours with confidence
- acquire specialist information/activities/resources to support participants in their workplace
- participate in a Q&A with an experienced disability and community educator.
- This is a mixed modal course. Participants will be required to complete approximately 3 hours of online learning, followed by a half day (3 hour) face-to-face session.
- FPV workshops are delivered by experienced disability and community educators.
- This session is designed for disability professionals, social workers, youth workers, Aboriginal workers, and other allied health professionals and service providers who want to provide reproductive and sexual health information to clients with cognitive disability.
Face-to-face sessions are scheduled twice per year at Family Planning Victoria sites at Box Hill or Melbourne CBD.
Alternatively, face-to-face component can be held off-site, at a suitable location of your choice (minimum participant numbers and travel costs may apply).
$395 per person
Terms and conditions
Please find more information on our terms and conditions here