|Tue 5 Oct 2021||9:30am-12:30pm||Online||Open now|
Supporting the sexuality of people with cognitive disability workshop is for professionals working with and supporting people with a cognitive disability (including Intellectual disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder and Acquired Brain Injury) of all ages, in a one-to-one or group settings.
This workshop provides information on a range of reproductive and sexual health topics via a mixed modal approach (Self-paced online component with in-person or eLearning (Zoom) training).
Between the two modes participants will:
- explore the emergence of sexuality and factors that may affect this
- examine legislation that supports all people to access sexual and reproductive education, information and health care, including laws and duty of care
- critically review personal and social values and attitudes and the potential impact on information provision
- explore the following topics:
- human rights and responsibilities in relation to relationships and sexuality
- diversity of sex, sexuality and gender
- sexual and reproductive anatomy and function
- public and private
- vulnerability and social safety
- sex and the law, including consent
- social media, sexting and pornography
- contraception and STIs
- identify ways to engage in discussions around sexuality and relationships in age- and developmentally appropriate ways
- develop strategies for answering questions and responding to behaviours with confidence
- acquire specialist information and resources to support participants with CD
- workshop simplifying concepts and providing information
- have the opportunity to ask questions of an experienced disability and community educator
- This is a mixed modal course. Participants will be required to complete approximately 2 hours of online learning, followed by a half day (3 hour) in-person or eLearning (Zoom) session.
- FPV workshops are delivered by experienced disability and community educators.
- This session is designed for professionals who want to provide reproductive and sexual health information to individuals with cognitive disability.
$395.00 GST free per person
Terms and conditions
Please find more information on our terms and conditions here