|Tue 22 Mar 2022||9am-4pm||Online Webinar||Open now|
Are you a worker supporting young people with cognitive disability?
- Do you feel confident talking to the young people you support about their reproductive and sexual health?
- Would you like to gain knowledge and skills in providing information about consent and respectful relationships?
This course is delivered by expert disability and nurse educators currently working with young people in educational, community and clinic settings.
- An overview of sexual health for young people
- Key considerations when working with young people with cognitive disability, including assumptions, communication strategies and information provision
- Access to reproductive and sexual health services
- legislation that supports all people to access sexual and reproductive education, information and health care, including laws and duty of care
- discussions around sex, bodies and relationships in age and developmentally appropriate ways
- strategies for answering questions and responding to behaviours with confidence
- Sexually transmissible infections and blood borne viruses
- Contraceptive options
- Unplanned pregnancy pathways
- LGBTQA+ resources and referral pathways
This course is $180 (ex GST).
This course is open to anyone wanting more information on providing sexual health information to people with a cognitive disability.