|Tue 2 Mar 2021||9:30am – 4:30pm||Box Hill||Open now|
|Mon 10 May 2021||9:30am – 4:30pm||eLearning||Open now|
Participants of this Professional Learning Workshop will develop practical skills in teaching Relationships and Sexuality Education to students from Foundation to Year 6, with a focus on Years 3 - 6.
Participants will examine current knowledge and methods of best practice in the area of Relationships and Sexuality Education.
- identify methods of best practice in Relationships and Sexuality Education
- establish a framework to support a whole-school approach for Relationships and Sexuality Education in schools
- conduct a curriculum review of:
- puberty (emotional, social and physical changes)
- conception, pregnancy and birth (including assisted reproductive treatment)
- friendships and relationships
- gender and identity
- develop strategies for dealing with difficult questions
- identify methods of engaging school leaders, parents and the wider school community
- acquire specialist activities/resources to support teaching and learning in the workplace
- FPV workshops are delivered by experienced sexuality educators.
- All curriculum materials and learning activities provided are aligned to the Victorian Curriculum.
- This session is designed for school staff (teachers/aides/welfare) working within a primary school setting.
Cost: $395 (GST free)