|Thu 23 Jul 2020||9.30am - 4.30pm||Online||Open now|
|Thu 15 Oct 2020||9:30am – 4:30pm||Action Centre||Open now|
Participants of this Professional Learning Workshop will develop practical skills for teaching Relationships and Sexuality Education to secondary students.
Participants will examine current knowledge and methods of best practice in the areas of consent, sexual decision making and healthy relationships.
- identify methods of best practice in Relationships and Sexuality Education
- establish a framework to support a whole-school approach for Relationships and Sexuality Education in schools
- conduct a curriculum review of:
- sexual intimacy and desire
- sexual attraction, identity, gender and stereotypes
- the law and consent
- young people and sex: the real story
- healthy and unhealthy relationships
- sexuality and the media
- sexual decision making
- consent and coercion
- develop strategies for dealing with difficult questions
- identify methods of engaging school leaders, parents and the wider school community
- acquire specialist activities/resources to support teaching and learning in the workplace
- FPV workshops are delivered by experienced sexuality educators.
- All curriculum materials and learning activities provided are aligned to the Victorian Curriculum.
- This session is designed for school staff (teachers/aides/welfare/secondary school nurses) working within a secondary school setting.
$395 (GST free)
Thu 15 Oct 2020
Level 1, 94 Elizabeth St, Melbourne 3000