|Mon 19 Oct 2020||9:30am – 4:30pm||eLearning||Open now|
|Mon 1 Mar 2021||9:30am – 4:30pm||Box Hill||Open now|
|Tue 11 May 2021||9:30am – 4:30pm||eLearning||Open now|
Participants of this Professional Learning Workshop will explore the ways they can assist young people with special needs to access accurate and developmentally appropriate Relationships and Sexuality Education.
The workshop will examine current knowledge and methods of best practice in this area.
- develop an understanding of the pedagogy surrounding Relationships and Sexuality Education for Students with Special Needs
- explore FPV’s Relationships and Sexuality Education for Students with Disability resource and its practical application in the classroom
- develop strategies to support all students accessing the curriculum within their classroom
- identify methods of best practice for explaining difficult concepts such as consent, sexual orientation and contraception
- develop strategies for answering difficult questions
- establish methods of dispelling anxiety and maintaining effective communication with parents/carers
- acquire specialist activities/resources to support teaching and learning in the workplace
- FPV workshops are delivered by experienced sexuality educators.
- All curriculum materials and learning activities provided are aligned to the Victorian Curriculum including Levels A-D.
- This session is designed for school staff (teachers/aides/welfare/secondary school nurses) working within mainstream and specialist school settings.
- This Professional Learning Workshop can be used to meet the VIT requirements of PD related to the government’s Special Needs Plan and building teacher capacity to teach learners with disability.
$395 (GST free)
Mon 1 Mar 2021
901 Whitehorse Road (map)