Participants of this online learning course will explore the ways they can assist young people with cognitive disability to access accurate and developmentally appropriate Relationships and Sexuality Education.
The course will examine current knowledge and methods of best practice in this area.
- develop an understanding of the pedagogy surrounding Relationships and Sexuality Education for Students with Disability (cognitive)
- develop strategies to support all students accessing the curriculum within their classroom
- develop strategies to answer questions with confidence
- establish methods of dispelling anxiety and maintaining effective communication with parents/carers
Online learning details
- 3.5-hour course with certificate upon completion.
- FPV online learning courses are developed by experienced sexuality educators.
- This session is designed for school staff (pre-service teachers/teachers/aides/welfare) and school nurses working within mainstream and specialist school settings.
- This course can be used to meet the VIT requirements of PD related to the Victorian Government’s Special Needs Plan and building teacher capacity to teach learners with disability.
$100 (GST does not apply)