Our comprehensive Relationships & Sexuality Education sessions align with the Victorian Curriculum levels and incorporate age appropriate materials and content. These sessions are delivered by experienced, trained FPV educators.
Each session will offer information, activities, values clarification and an opportunity for students to ask questions. We offer extension activities that can be used by classroom teachers to consolidate learning. Family Planning Victoria also offers professional development for staff.
Me & My Body
(3 x 1 hour Sessions)
Session 1: Human development across the lifespan, human reproductive system
- Identify some of the differences between males and females and learn the names and functions of the organs contained in the reproductive systems (vagina, penis, testicles, uterus (womb), egg, sperm)
- Be introduced the concept of reproduction and its place in the natural world
Session 2: Puberty
- Explore the physical and emotional changes that occur during puberty
- Develop knowledge about hygiene and the management of puberty i.e. Pimples, periods, body odour
Session 3: Protective Behaviours
- Develop an understanding of body autonomy, early warning signs, secrets, private body parts and personal safety networks
We recommend a maximum of 26-27 students per session.
$585 per class group, inclusive of three sessions (GST free).
(Optional) Information session for parents and carers
(held prior to FPV school sessions)
This information session is run prior to students’ education sessions and offers parents and carers an insight into relationships and sexuality education, its importance in the curriculum and how to support their children on their own physical, emotional and social journeys.
- Explore the importance of evidence based, age and developmentally appropriate relationships and sexuality education.
- Identify links to the guidelines and principles of the Victorian Government in relation to health and education.
- Explore the FPV student education program.
- Identify methods of engaging in conversations with their child around relationships, reproductive and sexual health.
- Develop strategies for effectively answering their child’s questions.
- Be provided with an opportunity to ask questions regarding the program.
- $225 (GST free) per hour
- $337.50 (GST free) for 1.5 hours
- $450 (GST free) for 2 hours