Education Sessions for Parents/Carers and Their Children
These education sessions are designed to provide an insight into relationships and sexuality education, its importance in the curriculum and how to support their children on their own physical, emotional and social journeys.
These workshops are designed to include parents/carers with or without their children being in attendance. They may be run in the evening, subject to staff availability.
Family Planning Victoria delivers workshops designed for both mainstream and cognitive disability groups.
- Explore an area of Relationships and Sexuality education. NOTE: topics will be selected to ensure age and developmentally appropriate content, but could include:
- conception, pregnancy and birth
- healthy relationships
- gender and sexual diversity
- private and public behaviour
- sexual decision making.
- Identify strategies for managing the changes and transitions associated with a young person’s sexual and reproductive health
- Be provided with opportunities to engage in conversations with their child around relationships, reproductive and sexual health
- Be supported to effectively answer their child’s questions
- Be provided with an opportunity to ask questions from an experienced FPV educator.
- $225 (GST free) per hour
- $337.50 (GST free) for 1.5 hours
- $450 (GST free) for 2 hours