|Mon 10 Aug – Tue 11 Aug 2020||2 days||Online||Open now|
|Mon 23 Nov – Tue 24 Nov 2020||2 days||Online||Open now|
- Talking sexual health
- Sexual and gender diversity
- Young people sex and the law
- Respectful relationships
- Unplanned pregnancy
- Social media, sexting and pornography
- Sexually transmissible infections
- Resources and referral
Participants will be required to attend a series of interactive virtual classroom sessions at designated times, and complete a series of eLearning modules that they may undertake in their own time.
This two-day eLearning course provides up-to-date, evidence-based information on a broad range of reproductive and sexual health topics. It explores the physical, emotional, mental and social aspects of reproductive and sexual health. Over the two days you will join our clinical educators and school’s education team in our virtual classroom for interactive sessions from your own device. The course will also consist of online learning before and after the course date to support this learning. It includes lectures, clinical information, scenarios, case studies and demonstration of activities used in group education. Participants will have ongoing access to the course content for six months via the online learning platform.
Participating in this course will enable you to provide sexual and reproductive health information to young people (adolescents) in both clinical and educational settings.
Entry Requirements / Eligibility
- Registered nurses (Division 1) registered midwives (Division 1) and enrolled nurses (Division 2) are eligible to complete the course.
- Evidence of current national registration through Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) will be required as part of registration.
- Training may be considered for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workers and/or practitioners.
- Previous experience in reproductive and sexual health is an advantage but not a requirement.
Who would benefit from this course?
Nurses and midwives working with young people (adolescents) in secondary schools, clinics and community settings.
Certificate of attendance for Let’s Talk About Sex: addressing the needs of young people (for nurses).
Total Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours: 14
$650 (GST does not apply)
Mon 23 Nov – Tue 24 Nov 2020
901 Whitehorse Road (map)