***CANCELLED***Mon 10 Aug – Tue 11 Aug 2020
|2 days||Action Centre (Melbourne CBD)||Open now|
This two-day course provides up-to-date, evidence-based information on a broad range of reproductive and sexual health topics. It explores the physical, emotional, mental and social aspects of reproductive and sexual health. The course content is delivered by a clinical educator and a member of the school’s education team. It includes lectures, clinical information, scenarios, case studies and demonstration of activities used in group education.
Participating in this course will enable you to provide sexual and reproductive health information to young people (adolescents) in both clinical and educational settings.
- Talking sexual health
- Sexual and gender diversity
- Young people sex and the law
- Respectful relationships
- Unplanned pregnancy
- Social media, sexting and pornography
- Sexually transmissible infections
- Resources and referral
Entry Requirements / Eligibility
- Registered nurses (Division 1) registered midwives (Division 1) and enrolled nurses (Division 2) are eligible to complete the course.
- Evidence of current national registration through Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) will be required as part of registration.
- Training may be considered for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workers and/or practitioners.
- Previous experience in reproductive and sexual health is an advantage but not a requirement.
Who would benefit from this course?
Nurses and midwives working with young people (adolescents) in secondary schools, clinics and community settings.
Certificate of attendance: Let’s Talk About Sex: addressing the needs of young people (for nurses).
Total Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours: 12
$650, including morning and afternoon tea.
Action Centre, Level 1, 94 Elizabeth street, Melbourne VIC 3000