|Thu 17 Jun – Fri 18 Jun 2021||eLearning||Open now|
|Wed 18 Aug – Thu 19 Aug 2021||eLearning||Open now|
This two-day course provides up-to-date, evidence-based information on a broad range of reproductive and sexual health topics. It explores the physical, emotional, mental and social aspects of reproductive and sexual health. Over the two days you will join our clinical educators and school’s education team. It includes lectures, clinical information, scenarios, case studies and demonstration of activities used in group education.
Participants will have ongoing access to the course content for six months via the online learning platform.
This course offers face to face and eLearning delivery.
For the eLearning delivery option, join our virtual classroom for interactive sessions from your own device.
The course will also consist of online learning before and after the course date to support this learning
To choose which format you would prefer see course dates as listed above.
- Talking sexual health
- Sexual and gender diversity
- Young people sex and the law
- Respectful relationships
- Unplanned pregnancy
- Social media, sexting and pornography
- Sexually transmissible infections
- Resources and referral
Entry Requirements / Eligibility
- Registered nurses (Division 1) registered midwives (Division 1)enrolled nurses (Division 2)and registered aboriginal health practitioners are eligible to complete the course.
- Evidence of current national registration through Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) will be required as part of registration.
- Previous experience in reproductive and sexual health is an advantage but not a requirement.
Who would benefit from this course?
Nurses, midwives and aboriginal health practitioners working with young people (adolescents) in secondary schools, clinics and community settings.
Certificate of attendance for Let’s Talk About Sex: addressing the needs of young people (for nurses).
Total Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours: 14
$750 (GST does not apply)
Online or face to face delivery