This online learning activity will give you knowledge and resources to enable you to confidently and accurately discuss contraceptive methods with young people in order for them to make decisions about their reproductive and sexual health and wellbeing that are right for them.
- An overview of reproductive systems.
- Considerations of who might use contraception and why.
- Available methods of contraception in Australia.
- Emergency contraception.
Entry Requirements / Eligibility
Professionals working with young people (adolescents) outside the mainstream secondary schooling system who are:
- lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer (LGBTIQ+)
- culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD)
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
- from low socio-economic backgrounds
- from regional Victoria
Certificate of completion: Introduction to contraception for youth workers
This 2-hour online learning activity can be undertaken at your own pace.