|Tue 19 Nov 2019||10.00am - 12.00pm||Melbourne CBD||Open now|
|Thu 5 Dec 2019||6.30pm - 8.30pm||Box Hill||Open now|
|Mon 23 Mar 2020||5.30pm - 7.30pm||Box Hill||Open now|
Implanon NXT education and simulation practice at FPV consists of one hour and 15 minutes of education followed by 45 minutes of Implanon NXT insertion and removal simulation practice on model arms under supervision. It is run by experienced Implanon NXT clinical educators.
The education session will cover aspects such as:
- Composition and mechanism of action
- Side effects including bleeding patterns and guidance of management
- Patient suitability, contraindications and medication interactions
- Timing of initiation of contraception
- Insertion procedure, including anatomical considerations
- Removal procedure
- Reinsertion procedures
- Post procedure patient advice
- Advice for complex implants such as deeply inserted implants
- Expert tips
For enquiries for group bookings at either FPV or at your organisation's venue please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Who should attend
2. Nurses and midwives: this session is offered as a prerequisite for the Implanon NXT Insertion and Removal Training Course for Registered Nurses & Midwives.
AHPRA registration as a doctor, nurse or midwife.
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance for Implanon NXT education and simulation practice. The session includes feedback on simulation procedure technique but doesn’t include a formal competency assessment. The certificate may be used as evidence of attendance of training.
RACGP accreditation: 4 category 2 points apply
No GST applies.
Course registration requires full payment of the course fees unless other arrangements have been made with the course coordinator.
Simulation equipment for this course is provided by the manufacturer of Implanon NXT (MSD).
901 Whitehorse Road, Box Hill
City (Action Centre)
Level 1/94 Elizabeth St, Melbourne