|Wed 20 Oct 2021||eLearning + 10.00am onsite||Box Hill||Fully booked|
|Thu 21 Oct 2021||eLearning + 6.00pm onsite||Box Hill||Fully booked|
|Thu 21 Oct 2021||eLearning + 6.30pm onsite||Box Hill||Fully booked|
This course is also offered with eLearning and video link simulation. Click here for course information and dates.
Implanon NXT education and simulation practice at FPV consists of one hour and 30 minutes of eLearning education followed by 30 minutes of Implanon NXT insertion and removal simulation practice on model arms under supervision (onsite). It is run by experienced Implanon NXT clinical educators.
The education session will cover aspects such as:
- Composition and mechanism of action
- Side effects including bleeding patterns and guidance of management
- Patient suitability, contraindications and medication interactions
- Timing of initiation of contraception
- Insertion procedure, including anatomical considerations
- Removal procedure
- Reinsertion procedures
- Post procedure patient advice
- Advice for complex implants such as deeply inserted implants
- Expert tips
“Real time feedback on my technique for insertion & removal was very useful and great for troubleshooting.”
"The whole course was well above my expectations."
Who should attend
2. Nurses and midwives: this session is offered as a prerequisite for the Implanon NXT Insertion and Removal Training Course for Registered Nurses & Midwives.
AHPRA registration as a doctor, nurse or midwife.
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance for Implanon NXT education and simulation practice. The session includes feedback on simulation procedure technique but does not include a formal competency assessment. The certificate may be used as evidence of attendance of training.
4 RACGP CPD Activity points apply (2020-22 triennium)
eLearning and onsite simulation (small group): $125 (GST does not apply).
- Please see above for the onsite simulation practice dates and times.
- eLearning component is to be completed prior to attending the onsite simulation practice.
If you would prefer to register for this course delivered with eLearning theory and live video link simulation practice, please click here
Course registration requires full payment of the course fees unless other arrangements have been made with the course coordinator.
Simulation equipment for this course is provided by the manufacturer of Implanon NXT (MSD).
901 Whitehorse Road, Box Hill