In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we have made some changes to this course. The theoretical component will be delivered via online learning, and the simulation practice will be delivered either face-to-face in a small group, or individually through live video supervision.
|Wed 14 Oct 2020||6.30 - 7.30pm||eLearning & Box Hill||Fully booked|
|Thu 22 Oct 2020||7.30 - 8.30pm||eLearning & Box Hill||Open now|
Implanon NXT education and simulation practice at FPV consists of one hour and 30 minutes of education followed by 30-60 minutes of Implanon NXT insertion and removal simulation practice on model arms under supervision. It is run by experienced Implanon NXT clinical educators.
The education session will cover aspects such as:
- Composition and mechanism of action
- Side effects including bleeding patterns and guidance of management
- Patient suitability, contraindications and medication interactions
- Timing of initiation of contraception
- Insertion procedure, including anatomical considerations
- Removal procedure
- Reinsertion procedures
- Post procedure patient advice
- Advice for complex implants such as deeply inserted implants
- Expert tips
For enquiries for group bookings at either FPV or at your organisation's venue please contact us via email@example.com
Who should attend
2. Nurses and midwives: this session is offered as a prerequisite for the Implanon NXT Insertion and Removal Training Course for Registered Nurses & Midwives.
AHPRA registration as a doctor, nurse or midwife.
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance for Implanon NXT education and simulation practice. The session includes feedback on simulation procedure technique but does not include a formal competency assessment. The certificate may be used as evidence of attendance of training.
4 RACGP CPD Activity points apply (2020-22 triennium)
1. Online theory and live video supervision of simulation practice individual sessions: $150 (Cost includes return postage of simulation equipment. GST does not apply).
- Theoretical component of online learning is to be completed prior to the virtual simulation practice session.
- We will contact you to make arrangements for a mutually convenient time to do the virtual simulation practice session.
- The simulation equipment will be posted to your home address.
- Individuals who work in rural Victoria will be given priority for the live video supervision option.
2. Online theory and face to face simulation practice in a small group: $125 (GST does not apply).
- Please see above for the simulation practice dates and times.
- Theoretical component of online learning is to be completed prior to attending the face to face simulation practice.
Course registration requires full payment of the course fees unless other arrangements have been made with the course coordinator.
Simulation equipment for this course is provided by the manufacturer of Implanon NXT (MSD).
901 Whitehorse Road, Box Hill