|Thu 5 Dec 2019||1 day||Box Hill||Open now|
This course trains health professionals in providing information and support to those undergoing testing for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and viral hepatitis. Course content addresses the Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine (ASHM) National Testing Policies.
- One day face-to-face training
- Online interactive learning to be completed within three months of the face to face training.
- Blood-borne virus: epidemiology, transmission, management options and prevention
- Consultation skills and testing for blood born viruses.
- Lived experience of blood born viruses
For professionals interested in increasing their knowledge, and decreasing stigma, regarding HIV and viral hepatitis.
Individuals from a range of settings may enrol. This includes, but is not limited to, nursing, adolescent health, Aboriginal health, the justice system, peer work, community health, general practice, infection control and midwifery.
Who would benefit from this course?
All health professionals who provide screening and information regarding HIV and viral hepatitis.
Family Planning Victoria’s Certificate of Completion: HIV and Viral Hepatitis: discussion & testing.
$400 (GST free) including morning and afternoon tea.