Our comprehensive Relationships & Sexuality Education sessions align with the Victorian Curriculum levels and incorporate age appropriate materials and content. These sessions are delivered by experienced, trained FPV educators.
Each session will offer information, activities, values clarification and an opportunity for students to ask questions. We offer extension activities that can be used by classroom teachers to consolidate learning. Family Planning Victoria also offers professional development for staff.
(3 x 30-40 Minute Sessions)
Session 1: Me and My Body
- Identify some of the differences between males and females and learn the names and functions of the outside body parts
- learn the difference between public and private parts of the body and places in the community/house/kindergarten
Session 2: My Body Signals
- Develop an understanding of early warning signs, what they mean and how to respond to them
Session 3: Protective Behaviours
- Develop an understanding of personal safety networks
- Develop an understanding of the difference between safe surprises and unsafe secrets
We recommend a maximum of 26-27 students per session.
$500 per class group, inclusive of three sessions (GST free).
(Optional) Information session for parents and carers
(held prior to FPV school sessions)
This information session is run prior to students’ education sessions and offers parents and carers an insight into relationships and sexuality education, its importance in the curriculum and how to support their children on their own physical, emotional and social journeys.
- Explore the importance of evidence based, age and developmentally appropriate relationships and sexuality education.
- Identify links to the guidelines and principles of the Victorian Government in relation to health and education.
- Explore the FPV student education program.
- Identify methods of engaging in conversations with their child around relationships, reproductive and sexual health.
- Develop strategies for effectively answering their child’s questions.
- Be provided with an opportunity to ask questions regarding the program.
- $230 (GST free) per hour
- $345 (GST free) for 1.5 hours
- $460 (GST free) for 2 hours