Relationships and Sexuality education is important for everyone, including those living with cognitive disability.
These education sessions are for young people with cognitive disability (including Intellectual Disability, Autism Spectrum Disorder and Acquired Brain Injury) between 12 -16 years old and their parent/carer.
The session is aimed at the young person and provides parents and carers the opportunity to engage in conversations and activities with their child around friendships, crushes and relationships.
All participants will have an opportunity to ask questions of a disability and community educator and network with other young people and parents and carers in a supportive environment.
- Revise knowledge of puberty and hygiene
- Identify different types of relationships
- Identify the qualities they want in a friend
- Begin to understand sexual feelings and crushes
- Explore how to start and end romantic relationships
- FPV workshops are delivered by experienced disability and community educators.
- Sessions run for 1.5 hours.
Offered in-person session at our Box Hill site or eLearning session via Zoom.
$90.00 (GST Free) per parent/carer/child pair
We are not an NDIS registered provider however if the participant is Plan-managed, we can send an invoice to the plan manager. Just email the plan manager’s details to firstname.lastname@example.org and select invoice me at payment. Invoices will be issued after the session.
If the participant is self-managed or NDIA managed, payment will need to be made at the time of registration and a tax receipt will be issued to claim for reimbursement if possible.
Full terms and conditions can be found here.