Study online at your own pace through interactive learning modules developed by experts in contraception clinical practice and education.
This seven hour course is designed for doctors, nurses and midwives wanting to develop or refresh their understanding of today’s contraception options. You will gain an in-depth knowledge of the latest contraception options available in Australia and learn how to safely apply this knowledge in the clinical setting.
- Contraception options and clinical consultation
- Contraception initiation
- Quick Start
- Long acting reversible contraception (LARC) – intrauterine device (IUD), contraceptive implant and injection
- Short acting reversible contraception – the combined pill (including different formulations and packaging), vaginal ring and progestogen only pill
- Non-hormonal forms of contraception
- Emergency contraception
- Contraception use in special circumstances - including young people, the perimenopause and people with chronic medical conditions and interacting medications
- Guidance on management of patients with contraindications and side effects
This seven hour course can be undertaken at your own pace but is to be completed within six months of registration.
Entry Requirements / Eligibility
This course is open to doctors, registered nurses and registered midwives.
40 Category 1 RACGP Women’s health points apply.
$275 No GST applies.