Family Planning Victoria is seeking interest from potential directors for two Board vacancies. We are particularly keen to recruit a Director with a clinical background who is a specialist in sexual and reproductive health or a general practitioner with a demonstrated interest in this space.
Individuals who will help to enhance the diversity of the Board to better reflect the priority populations we support are warmly encouraged to apply.
Candidates should demonstrate high ethical standards and integrity as well as being:
- Committed to contribute to the ongoing success of the organisation.
- Able to fulfil fiduciary duties.
- Future oriented, demonstrating vision and foresight.
- Able to provide wise, thoughtful counsel on a broad range of issues.
- Financially literate.
Board members are appointed for a 3-year term with possibility of a second-year term via re-election. Board meetings are held monthly and all Directors are expected to participate in Board Committees.
We are also seeking our Directors of the future and are offering two additional voluntary opportunities to join a Board Committee. This is to allow interested persons to obtain their first experience in a governance role with a view to potentially moving into a board position.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00pm on 31 July 2019 using the subject line: Board Director Application or Future Board Director (as appropriate) and include:
- A covering letter demonstrating your commitment to our vision, ambition and strategic directions
- Your resume