Our Reproductive & Sexual Health Clinics
Clinic hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Telephone: 03 9257 0100
Melbourne CBD (Under 25's)
Clinic hours: Mon-Fri 10am-6pm
Telephone: 03 9660 4700
Family Planning Victoria
901 Whitehorse Road, Box Hill, VIC, 3128
Tel: 03 9257 0100 Freecall 1800 013 952
Clinic hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm (Appointments 9am-12pm. Drop-in 1-5pm)
Family Planning Victoria Action Centre (Under 25's)
Level 1, 94 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3000
Tel: 03 9660 4700 Freecall 1800 013 952
Clinic hours: Mon-Fri 10am-6pm (Drop-in 11am-6pm)
Our training clinics
Family Planning Victoria has been a leader in reproductive and sexual health for over 40 years. We are dedicated to supporting people to make decisions about their reproductive and sexual health and wellbeing that are right for them.
Our clinics offer the convenient option of appointments or a drop in service where our expert staff can assist with a wide range of reproductive and sexual health services in a confidential setting.
If you are attending our drop in clinic, we recommend arriving as early as possible and at least 30 minutes prior to closing. People are seen depending on urgency and arrival time. If the clinic is busy, we may need to ask you to come back another day.
Please let us know prior to your appointment if you would like to arrange an accredited interpreting service.
Our clinics play an important role in training doctors, nurses and counsellors. This means that when you see our clinic staff, they may be accompanied by another health professional.
If you have any questions either prior, during or after your appointment, please feel free to contact our friendly clinic team who will be delighted to assist.
We provide information, support and advice on your contraceptive choices.
Specialising in long acting reversible contraception, we offer:
- insertion and removal of the intrauterine device (IUD) – both hormonal and non-hormonal
- prescriptions for and insertion and removal of contraceptive implants (Implanon NXT™)
- the contraceptive injection (Depo-Provera™)
Additional contraceptive services include:
- emergency contraception (no prescription required)
- prescriptions for daily contraceptive pills
- contraceptive barriers including the male condom, female condom and diaphragms.
- advice and referral for other contraceptive methods including the NuvaRing (vaginal ring), tubal ligation (sterilisation), vasectomy and natural family planning.
- postnatal contraception.
We provide medication abortion.
We provide information, support and advice on:
Reproductive and sexual health
We provide information, support and advice on:
- menstrual conditions
- cervical health including cervical screening
- breast health checks
- sexually transmissible infections (STIs) and blood borne viruses (BBVs) including STI & BBV testing
- human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) testing
- testing for hepatitis A, hepatitis B & hepatitis C
- screening for sex workers
- referral to specialists.
Our clinics offer counselling for individuals with a cognitive disability who display sexualised behaviour of concern. This service is available by appointment only, following an intake assessment.
Young people under 25
Our Melbourne CBD clinic provides services especially for people under 25 where:
- no appointment is needed
- low or no cost services are provided
- consultations are confidential and youth friendly.
- We charge an annual fee of $36.00 ($10.50 for concession card holders and students) for people over the age of 18.
- All people aged under 18 are bulk billed for medical consultations and are not charged the annual fee.
- When the annual fee is due, both the annual and the medical consultation fees are required to be paid immediately after the service has been provided. The medical consultation fee/s can then be re-claimed from Medicare. If your bank account is registered with Medicare, this process will happen automatically. If your bank account is not registered with Medicare, the consultation fee can be claimed by visiting a Medicare office with your receipt.
- Once the annual fee has been paid, medical consultations within the following 12 months are bulk billed to Medicare, however there may be additional charges for accessing procedures such as Intrauterine device (IUD) insertion, Implanon NXT® insertion, medication abortion services and when stock medication is provided.
What do I need to bring?
- Please bring your Medicare, Healthcare, student or other concession card (if you have any of these).
- Please bring your completed clinic registration form (if possible). This will fast track your registration upon arrival at the clinic.