The Relationships & Sexuality Education In-class Professional Learning Program (ICPL) aims to promote the knowledge, skills and confidence of individual teachers to teach relationships and sexuality education.
ICPL is matched to the Victorian Curriculum and has been designed to support schools to develop comprehensive relationships and sexuality education (RSE). Family Planning Victoria educators provide professional learning to teaching staff in their own classrooms to develop the knowledge, skills, confidence and tools needed to drive a whole-school approach to RSE.
Preparatory Session (2 hours)
- Introduction to the program
- Aims, reflections and expectations
- Pedagogy, theory, policy and guidelines
- Values in sexuality education
- Preparation and Planning for Lesson 1.
Classroom & Reflection Sessions (Total 6 hours)
- First lesson – demonstrated by the FPV educator
- Second lesson – team taught
- Third lesson – teacher leading with FPV educator supporting.
Each one hour lesson is followed by a one hour reflection and planning session, which has a specific professional learning focus.
Who would benefit from this course?
Suitable for teachers in primary schools and secondary schools.
$1000.00 (GST free) for the first teacher.
$500.00 (GST free) for each additional teacher.