Family Planning Victoria’s Disability Service works with individuals with cognitive disabilities, including intellectual disability, autism spectrum disorder and acquired brain injury, within the mild to moderate range where a sexualised behaviour of concern (SBoC) is driven by a lack of or gaps in sexual and relationship knowledge.
Where referral to counselling for individuals with a cognitive disability is not suitable, we can offer professional advice to professionals/support staff and families to provide advice and guidance as well as assistance with behaviour management.
How much does it cost?
- For people who have an NDIS plan, secondary consultations costs $175.57 per hour and must be written under the line item of Behaviour support or Therapeutic support. If you would like an FPV professional to travel to you, please ensure that travel costs are included in the NDIS plan.
- If your geographical area is yet to change to NDIS, cognitive disability secondary consultations are funded by the Department of Health and Human Services and are provided at no cost.
Who can request secondary consultations?
- Health professionals
- Community workers
- Educational professionals
What is the process?
Phone the Disability Intake Worker T/ 03 9257 0131 to discuss specifics of the case.
Family Planning Victoria services
Family Planning Victoria can also provide fee-for-service options tailored to suit specific learning needs, including:
- group education for individuals with cognitive disabilities (including intellectual disability, autism spectrum disorder and acquired brain injury)
- professional learning for a range of people working with people with cognitive disability
- parent and carer information sessions.